When to Visit
We are open year-round, but the rainy season is from November to March. April to October is usually drier and the preferred time for visiting. Wildlife can be seen throughout the year.
What to Expect
We are located just south of the equator in a tropical climate. Please be prepared for warm temperatures, moderate humidity, semi-rugged terrain, and a variety of insects. See our website for further information regarding local conditions.
It is recommended that you book all activities prior to your arrival as many activities have limited space and some are dependent on favourable weather conditions.
Children are welcome at the lodge but facilities for them are limited. Given its remote location and tranquil atmosphere, it is not recommended for young children.
What to pack for your trip to the Samboja Lodge:
- Cash in small denominations for bar services, tips, or merchandise.
- Personal medication with prescription notes to last for the duration of your trip.
- Sunhat; Sunblock; Sunglasses
- Sturdy walking shoes/sneakers
- Socks: we recommend tall socks that don’t slip easily inside rubber boots. Two pairs per day are ideal
- Light-weight, earth- or dark-coloured, long-sleeved shirts and t-shirts
- Light-weight, quick-dry hiking pants/trousers
- Insect repellent
- Day pack and Camera
- Dry bags and/or Ziploc bags.